Each week we scan something fun, crazy, or unconventional on one of our Kodak Alaris Flatbed scanners, and ask you to try to figure out what it is before Flatbed Friday rolls around. As always, we had a blast reading through your guesses!
If you guessed ribbons, you guessed correct! This week’s pink ribbon Flatbed Friday scan honors the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
It is rare to find someone who has not been affected by breast cancer in some way, and that’s why it’s so important to support this cause. Here are five fast facts* about breast cancer:
1. The chances of a woman being diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime is 1 in 8.
2. Each year, it is estimated that over 200 thousand women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
3. Of the woman diagnosed with breast cancer each year, it is estimated that over 40 thousand will lose their lives to the disease.
4. In women diagnosed with cancer, breast cancer is the most common form.
5. Over 2000 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year; although it is rarer, breast cancer is not a disease suffered by only women.