Happy Small Business Week!
Since the early 1960’s, the United States Small Business Administration has held an annual Small Business Week; a week-long event that focuses on small business in the US. It is a nationally-recognized celebration of the way in which small businesses contribute to American economy and society, with topics and themes pertaining to small business. Want to talk about innovation? Interested in learning about growth strategies? This is going to be a good week for you, because it starts today.
It’s also going to be a good week for us. eBizDocs falls under the small business umbrella, so yeah, you could say we get pretty excited when this week rolls around. If you want to get in on the action, you have come to the right place. All week we will be generating small business-themed content here on the eBizNEWS blog, as well as on our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+).
We’ll also be keeping an eye on events and info around the web. As we find things we think are especially interesting and/or exciting, we’ll update the link list below. Check it out, check back soon, and check back often!
Without further ado, let’s start celebrating Small Business Week 2014, shall we?
SMALL BUSINESS WEEK 2014 HIGHLIGHTS:
- #SBW2014: Follow the official Small Business Week hashtag on Twitter. Better yet, join the conversation. You better believe that we’ll be there. In fact, we already are!
- iStock’s 100% Royalty Day (Wednesday, May 14th): If you are a stock photo user, you may want to take some time Wednesday and shop ’til you drop on istockphoto.com. To celebrate Small Business Week this year, 100% of royalties are going to the artists.
- Meet some super-savvy small business people: Fifty-three, to be exact! Check out this list from Business Insider… Who do you think will be chosen as the national winner on Friday?
ONLINE EVENT – “Small Business, Big Benefits” (Tuesday, May 13th): Attend this event that offers a solution to creating attractive benefits packages and keeping costs down. Important info for any small business!
“Discount Day” in the Philadelphia area (Tuesday, May 13th): If you’ll be in Philly tomorrow, we’re jealous! But regardless, this is an idea that cities everywhere should take note of… (We’re looking at you, Capital Region chambers of commerce!)
- ONLINE EVENT – IRS Small Business Webinars (Tuesday, May 13th and Wednesday, May 14th): Or should we say, “online events?” Check out the TWO webinars that the IRS will be holding specifically for small businesses this week.
ONLINE EVENT – #SMBSignage Tweet Up (Tuesday, May 13th): More Small Business fun on Twitter! Follow the hashtag #SMBSignage for tip-trading on small business marketing collateral. (Pssttt… the discussion has already begun!)
- NEW! The best cities for small business: We love this “Small Business Gets Big” infographic from Inc.
- NEW! Small business facts: Our very own list of fun and interesting US small business statistics.
- NEW! Future small business events: Busy this week? No worries! Como has put together a list of small business-focused events that are taking place throughout the rest of the year.
Do you have any Small Business Week 2014 info that should be on this list? Tell us in the comments below! Oh, and don’t forget to check back for updates!